Yodock® Water filled barricade. It is the intent of this specification to describe a lightweight portable plastic traffic control device. The intended use of the Model 2001 is to assist in the prevention of vehicular penetration of a work zone or gore area, street and road closures, as well as providing clear delineation for traffic channelization and pedestrian safety.
This Specification recognizes the need for a lightweight, portable traffic control device to perform some of the functions of concrete barriers, cones, barrels, Type I, II, III barricades and other such devices used to control, direct, channel and stop vehicular and pedestrian traffic for purposes of aiding in containment and/or safety.
Each unit shall weigh approximately 130 pounds empty and up to approximately 1600 pounds when water filled. When installing as a longitudinal channelizer, the units can be interlocked and ballasted, or completely filled with water. Warning flags, steady burning lights or flashing lights can be securely mounted to each unit, if conditions require. The units are joined together by a unique coupling device. This coupling device aids in the prevention of separation of the individual portable energy distribution cell units, in the event of an impact. The unit has ports devised to allow for ground mounting and forklift holes for ease of mobility when filled.
The 2001 is made using rotational molding to ensure water tightness and integrity. The unit is manufactured with internally molded baffles in order to maintain its shape, be properly sealed and leak proof. The unit is provided with drain plugs and underside grooves to allow flow of surface drainage. The dimensions of the unit are as follows:
- Height: 46″
- Female Indentation: 6″ Base Width: 24″
- Top Fill Holes: 4″ Functional Length: 72″
- Empty Weight: 130 lbs Male Connection: 5.25″
- Post Boot: 3.75″ and 2.75″
- Water Filled Weight: 1,500 lbs, holds 180 gallons
- Material: The material is a recyclable polyethylene. It is rotational molded to a thickness of approximately 8mm.
- Ultraviolet Light: An ultraviolet light inhibitor is introduced into the raw material mix to provide sufficient protection to ensure reasonable life of the product in all weather conditions.
- Colors: The standard colors of the Model 2001 are opaque ivory and orange. Other colors can be produced.
Click here to download specifications for the Model 2001™ in a Portable Document Format [pdf].
FHWA Acceptances: Longitudinal Barrier, Longitudinal Channelizing Device, Work Zone Barricade
We’ll be happy to assist you with product choices to best secure your road, highway & construction zone. Get more information and request a quote on the Yodock® Model 2001 by clicking on Live Chat Support.